So, you’ve just bought a shiny new MacBook Air and now you’re interested in selling your old device. What next? Where’s the best place to sell my MacBook Air? You’ve come to the right place.
If you’re considering selling your old Apple products, BuyMyApple is here to assist. It’s not always as simple as going to your local Apple shop and selling an old gadget directly. Perhaps your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro is too old – and if that’s the case, selling to a reputable third party is a great option, it’s far safer and less hassle than selling on eBay or Facebook. You may just end up with a better deal and receive superior customer service. This guide is for those of you who want to answer the big question, how do I sell my MacBook Air?
The Pros and Cons Of Selling Your Apple Devices
The Advantages of Selling Your Macbook Air or Macbook Pro
- You can reinvest the money gained: If you follow through with selling your old MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, you can use the money you receive back and put it towards a more up-to-date version of another Apple product.
- More sustainable than throwing them away: Rather than throwing your old MacBook Air or MacBook Pro away – which isn’t good for the environment as it will go to landfill – selling on your old device is a far more sustainable option.
The Disadvantages of Selling Your Macbook Air Or Macbook Pro
- You won’t have a spare if something goes wrong: It’s not a pleasant thought, but if you were to ever lose your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro – or worse yet, if one was stolen – you wouldn’t have a spare that could keep you going whilst you fixed the situation. However, this is an unlikely occurrence and in the modern era, any work you may need to do can usually be completed via your iPad or smartphone – and you can still access your important files using your Apple ID.
Can You Sell Broken MacBooks?
Can I sell my MacBook Air? Yes, you can sell a broken, damaged or old MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. Here at BuyMyApple, we work in conjunction with our parent company Infinite Loop – who specialise in Apple repairs. This allows us to buy Apple products in a variety of conditions, before sending them to Infinite Loop to recondition for future use or strip down to use for parts if the machine you sold us is in poor condition. As mentioned prior, selling your old MacBook Air or MacBook Pro is much better for the environment, as parts can be reused rather than being destroyed. Just let us know what condition your MacBook is in as the price will be adjusted accordingly.
How to Sell Your Old MacBook Pro
There’s no doubt about it – selling your MacBook air or MacBook Pro is clearly beneficial. You can reinvest the money gained from selling and it’s also a much more sustainable choice. Now, this section will help you understand what to do before you sell your MacBook.
What to Do Before I Sell My MacBook
Your own MacBook, even if old or broken, will still contain all your personal data. Therefore, you will need to take a few steps before selling and packing up your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro to ensure your personal information is protected. Here are some steps you should take to protect yourself:
- Step 1: Erase all content and settings
- Step 2: Back up your MacBook
- Step 3: Sign out of everything (Apple music, iMessage, iCloud)
- Step 4: Erase your mac and reinstall macOS
- Step 5: Reset NVRAM and shut down (this can be done by turning on your mac and then pressing these four keys together: option, command, P and R for around 20 seconds)
However, if your MacBook doesn’t power on, or you simply don’t know how to do any of the above, you can ask us to perform these tasks for you.
Finally, before any sale, it’s important to check the condition of your MacBook, making sure you provide an accurate estimation of its quality. Then, gather any original packaging (if you have it) and place the for-sale product carefully inside. With this done, you can now get a quote from a reputable seller and look to set the sale process in motion. But where do I sell my MacBook Air?
Where to Sell Used Apple Products
Wondering where the best place to sell your MacBook products is? Ultimately, the answer is that it’s solely down to your personal preference. However, we would always recommend trying to find a reputable seller by checking the company’s reviews and ensuring they are trustworthy. You’ll also have to choose between selling to a shop in your local area or sending your MacBook to an online store.
At BuyMyApple, we buy your old Apple devices – even broken ones – and pride ourselves on offering very reasonable prices. Furthermore, our customers love us and we offer free shipping, quick turnarounds on sales and flexible payment options. Selling your old MacBook Air with us is easy! Simply head to our website now to get a free quote or contact us here. Alternatively, we’re based in Birmingham, so feel free to pop into our shop and let our friendly, expert team help you.
Thinking Of Selling Your Macbook? Use Our Handy Calculator to Get an Instant Quote!
Ready to sell your MacBook? Use our handy calculator to get an instant quote on your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Alternatively, you can call us at 0121 296 9996 or send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.